First Time MOM

Babies, Kids, Children. Tips and Tricks to handle your kids.

Why the BLOG?

I am a mother of a four years old son. When my son was born, I didn't know anything about baby and how to handle them. I learned many great things from my parents and friends. Here's are some of the things that I-wish-I-knew-that stuffs that I discovered.

I wish for

- For a home of our own (I am currently living with my parents-in-law) - For a room where the law of time doesn't apply - For a super speed internet connection

Parents - Child Role

I came up with a theory about parents-child role few years ago.

I think parents-child role should change as the child grows. When the child is a baby, the parents will be its caretaker. When the child grown to a kid, the parents will be its teacher/tutor/guide. When the child grown to a teenager, the parents should be its friend and a mentor. Growing to an adult, the role of parents is no longer needed, instead the child will be the caretaker of the parents.

At my age, I have come to a stage where the parent-child role should be friends. And I am somehow forgot that I should be a friend also. I think, I am not ready to be an equal friend to my parents. It is easy to lean on someone else, but it is not easy when the role is reversed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment